Year 10 Information Page
This page is dedicated to supporting both parents and pupils to prepare for the summer 2025 examinations. As the year progresses there will information that will include:
- Examination timetables
- Details of our in school revision sessions
If you have any questions about the summer examinations, revision materials or any other related matter, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Worsley at: email@example.com
Key Dates for Year 10
Year 10 Parent/Carer Information Evening
Thank you to those parents and carers who attended our Information Evening. Here is the PowerPoint that was shared with parents and carers on the evening.
Here is a handy revision which explains the importance of going over learning again and again to make it stick into our memories.
Here is a video about work experience and why we offer it to our Year 10 pupils
Preparing Eﬀectively for Examinations
These mock examinations take place at important junctures in Key Stage 4. They will support both teachers and pupils to precisely identify areas of strength and key development areas. In addition, it will support pupils to reﬂect on how eﬀective their revision has been.
Teachers will continue to prepare pupils for these mock examinations by providing them with materials to revise from and a clear schedule of revision. This may include access to some of the online platforms that the school has purchased for pupils to access; details of these are below. It is therefore important that pupils are supported to revise as eﬀectively as possible at home. Each Thursday in their form times, pupils will be supported to develop revision techniques. The materials that have been used will be shared with parents/carers below.
Below are some suggestions about how you can best support your child to revise eﬀectively:
- Ask them to show you the revision timetable that they have produced in their form times.
- Support them to identify a space in which they will revise which is free from distraction.
- Make sure that they are hydrated and have healthy snacks available.
- Encourage them to talk to you about what they have revised.
- Make sure that leisure activities are planned in the week to avoid an overload of revision.
- Support them to establish and keep a strong routine of sleep with the very least of eight hours a night.
Online Resources to support revision
Please click on the images below to access the online resources