Our pastoral team at Central Lancaster High School know that the best outcomes for pupils are achieved when school and home work together sharing a consistent message with the young person.
At times, families and children can require additional support within and out of the classroom and we offer a range of interventions and services led by school as part of our early help offer through which an allocated member of staff will meet with you, discuss any barriers being faced and then make suggestions about support that we can offer.
Some of our early help offers are listed below.
- Early Help at Central Lancaster High School:
- Attendance meeting to discuss barriers to your child’s attendance to school
- Behaviour mentor check in / periods of longer term support
- Behaviour monitoring cards or management plan
- Careers one to one
- Equipment or uniform support
- Group sessions for emotional wellbeing
- Homework club
- Learning support plan
- Manged move
- Moving Mindsets – referral to our internal therapists in school, practitioners from Barnardo’s work in school weekly providing support to pupils who are experiencing mental health challenges
- Nurture provision
- One to one with Student Support Officer
- Pastoral meeting – meeting with House Tutor / Head of Year
- Peer mentoring
- School nurse
- Screening for unidentified need
- SEND clinic
We can also refer pupils and families to a range of services. These services are ‘consent led’ and require consent and engagement from families to achieve success:
- Cancer Care
- Child Action North West
- Child and Family Wellbeing Service
- Children’s Social Care
- Early Help Assessment
- Lancashire MIND
- Lancashire Youth Challenge
- Lancashier Victim Support
- Listening Service
- Morecambe Bay Food Bank
- Triple P Parenting support
- Young Minds
- Youth Offending Team
- We Are With You
Parents who need support with the cost of school uniforms for their children attending Central Lancaster High School or any local primary school can self-refer to The Uniform Project here: https://morecambebay.foodbank.org.uk/uniform-project-2/ If you require help with this process do not hesitate to contact your child's Head of Year.
If you would like to donate any new or pre-loved CLHS or local school uniform to The Uniform Project you can leave items in our donations box in the school reception area.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like to discuss any of the service or support offers listed on this page. We work successfully with a range of external service providers and are committed to providing support to families within our community.