Our aim is to prepare pupils fully for exams so that they can demonstrate their knowledge and skills. As part of this we have Pre-Public Examinations (PPEs) in year 10, and twice in year 11 (November and February). This page contains official exam policies and other advice and guidance to prepare pupils.
Equipment for exams:
- All pupils must have a clear pencil case which contains:
- 2 x pens with black ink – rollerball pens are recommended as they require less downward pressure to use (which makes a huge difference after 2.5 hours!)
- 2 x HB pencils and sharpener
- 1 x maths set (taken out of any tin it may have been stored in) including ruler, protractor & maths compasses
- 1 x scientific calculator (Casio FX83GTX) – for all science papers, maths calculator papers and geography exams.
- Set of coloured pencils for Design & Technology exams.
- Highlighter pen – multiple colours optional
- Bottle of STILL water – in a clear bottle with the label removed.
If buying online please search for ‘Helix Oxford maths set’ and ‘Casio FX83GTX’. These are all very reasonably priced and meet the exam regulations.
|Date: Week B||Morning - 9.00am||Afternoon - 1.00pm|
|Monday 1st November||English Language - 2HR||Design Technology - 1HR|
|Travel & Tourism - 1HR|
|Tuesday 2nd November||Biology - 1HR 15 / 1HR 45||Maths Paper 1 - 1HR 30|
|Wednesday 3rd November||French Reading - 1HR / 1HR 15|
|Music - 1HR|
|Thursday 4th November||English Literature Paper 1 - 1HR|
|Friday 5th November||Chemistry - 1HR 15 / 1HR 45||History - 1HR 30|
|Date: Week A||Morning - 9.00am||Afternoon - 1.00pm|
|Monday 8th November||Maths Paper 2 - 1HR 30||Geography - 1HR|
|Tuesday 9th November||Physics - 1HR 15 / 1HR 45|
|Wednesday 10th November||French Writing - 1:15 / 1HR 30||Maths Paper 3 - 1HR 30|
|Year 10 PE: 1HR|
|Thursday 11th November||English Literature Paper 2 - 1HR|
|Friday 12th November||Business - 1HR|