Welcome Year 6!
We are thrilled you will be joining us in September 2021 for five wonderful years of learning and experiences all focused on our three core values of commitment, creativity and community; our 3Cs.
Between now and July our transition team will spend time getting to know you so that we can support your 'transition' from primary to secondary education - what an exciting time!
We will spend time with your primary teachers and support staff, arrange to speak to your parents and you (the most important) so that you can share with us what you're most looking forward to about joining our school.
To help us get in touch with your families please ask your parents/guardians to complete the form below with their contact details.
Year 6 Transition Appointments
We are pleased to inform parents of pupils joining us from Year 6 that appointments are now open to book a transition phone call appointment.
Appointments are available up to Friday 25th June 2021.
Once booked, Transition school staff will call the phone number detailed in the booking to commence the appointment. Please use the 15 minute appointment to ask the member of the transition team any questions you have about your child's transition to our school. Please read the September 2021 Next Steps information on our website before your phone call.
You can book your appointments here: Appointment Bookings
If you have any problems with the booking system, please contact Mr Jason Mills; email@example.com or on 01524 384844.
- Transition phone calls made by our Transition team from 16th -25th June. Parents book using link above.
- Pupil information pack posted to families 30th June with documents for families to return to CLHS.
- Wednesday 7th July New Intake Day cancelled due to the government delay to the road map out of lockdown. We will host a parent and pupil online ‘New Intake Evening’ via Zoom with the opportunity for questions after the short presentation. This will commence at 4.30pm and will be recorded for families to access at a later date from our website.
- Which House will you join? A postcard will be sent to families in July informing you which House your child will be joining.
- Monday 12th July: deadline for families to return all pupil information pack paperwork to us.
- Summer School 23rd-27th August: a free week of activities for your child to prepare for their learning and time at Central Lancaster High School. More details will be found in your pupil information pack.
- Thursday 2nd September 08.40am – your first day; we can’t wait!
Uniform and Equipment
On our Intake Day pupils will receive a copy of the Central Lancaster High School Welcome Book which details all uniform and equipment requirements, details of House Tutors, lunches, the school day and the school rules. We know that many of you may be keen to purchase items before July so here is a list of necessary items required for your start with us.
Please use our website and social media pages to keep up to date with details of future communication. We look forward to speaking to you soon.
Mrs V. Crossman and Mrs B. Prestwood
Key Stage 3 Progress Leader and Head of Year 7